Saturday 21 April 2018

Coachella/Festival Essentials

Image result for coachella header

Hello Everyone,

Festival season is fast approaching and fashion outlets have started to stock up on the chunky sequin dresses. In today's post, I will be going through what I believe to be festival essentials!

1) GLITTER... LOTS OF IT! ⭐
If you've been reading this blog for a while then you would know that last year I went to SITC and I went full out there with the glitter, I have a tutorial up on how to recreate my glitter roots if you're interested. There are so many ways you can incorporate glitter into your festival look + you can pick chunky glitter up super cheap on places like eBay! I would recommend that if you have a slightly higher budget perhaps looking at Gypsy Shrine because they are the go-to store for all things glittery!

2) COMFORT! 👠
Vans Old Skool Core Black Trainers | Urban Outfitters | Women's | Shoes | Trainers #urbanoutfitterseu #uoeuropeIf you are going to a festival, expect to do a lot of walking or standing, therefore I would recommend investing in a pair of shoes that you will be comfortable in. Obviously the type of shoes you choose will depend on the style of outfit you're wearing, however, I would highly recommend old skool vans - and I know what your thinking *everyone says about these*, true! But these are one of the comfiest pairs of shoes I own, they go with so many of my outfits and they can be dressed up or down. Not to mention if the usual colours aren't to your taste then you can purchase a custom pair that you design yourself via the VANS website.

3) SUN PROTECTION! ⛅
The majority of festivals are in the summer so it should be hot (give or take if you live in the UK), skin protection is such a key factor because if you don't use suncream there are many long-term complications. I have been lucky enough to work with Altruist Dermatologist on this post to promote their 5* rated suncream. The brand started the #howmuchisenough campaign in order to raise awareness for the recent increase in skin cancer diagnosis. They have provided me with some simple steps to staying safe in the sun...

- Apply one teaspoon of quality sun cream for the face
- One shot-glass for the body
- Put it on 20 mins before you go out
- Repeat every two hours 

Of course, Coachella is the dream - am I right? But for my British readers, there are festivals closer to home, for example, The Big Festival in the Cotswolds which has a lineup featuring Craig David, Paloma Faith and Clean Bandit!  Mateus Rose a Portuguese wine company will be at the festival,  hosting a picnic stand with their original Rose wine...

"Mateus Rosé Original is a rosé with a very appealing and bright hue. It is a fresh and seductive wine with fine and intense bouquet and all the joviality of young wines. it is a well balanced and tempting wine, brilliantly complemented by a soft and slightly fizzy finish." - Mateus Rose 

I'm thinking of maybe doing a festival series over the next few weeks so if that's something you're interested in or a brand who would like to be featured then please get in contact with me! 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment