Monday 27 August 2018

Santorini Sunsets: Top Reccomendations



"If not now - when?" 

Critic's describe this as one of the worlds most prolific sunsets, where thousands of people gather to watch the glorious technicolour performance. 

Tuesday 24th July 2018 - London Gatwick Airport  (LGW) - Thira International (JTR)

As many of you may have seen on my YouTube channel, I visited Santorini back in October and vlogged my experience out there. Fast-forward a few months and I'm back in the sunshine, this time for my Mum's wedding (dedicated post coming soon). 

I stayed at the Veggera hotel in Perissa, home to the world-renowned black beachfront that leads into Perivolos. When you plan your trip here, each town will provide you with something different. For example, my take on Kamari is that it is more suited to those looking for exciting nightlife, similarly to Perivolos. Whereas; Perissa is more suited to families due to its excess of small taverna's providing many aspects of local cuisine.



In particular, my personal favourite restaurant was RaMaya located just four doors down from the Veggera hotel. RaMaya was opened in 1994 by owner Vasillis and was the first restaurant to open along the stretch of beach. Greek authenticity is at the heart of their ethos, providing customers with a Greek night every Thursday featuring, plate smashing, dancing and fire! To catch a glimpse of this head over to my recent youtube video!  The food is simply outstanding there, with everything being homemade on a daily basis, don't even get me started on the desserts - the chocolate souffle is to die for since being home I've craved it every day!

Of course, you couldn't go to Santorini and not visit the idyllic scenes over at Fira and Oia located at the north of the island. As you would have seen in my photos this is where all the stereotypical Santorini photos are taken. Oia also happens to be the best location to see the sunset - the night we went there must have been over 2000 people crowed to watch the pink skies then applaud the sun once the performance was over. 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment